“Does your library have a campaign planned?
Is it a library card / membership campaign?
Are you wanting more attendees at storytimes and programs?
Are you looking to support your budget, library muniicipal bond or building campaign?
Who isn’t campaigning for something?
If the last US election proved anything, it’s that it’s not business as usual for campaiging for civic involvement! (or money!)
So read this report by The Social Pulpit
Barack Obama’s Social Media Toolkit
Key ‘Social media lessons from the Obama campaign
• Start early
• Build to scale
• Innovate where necessary; do everything else incrementally better
• Make it easy to find, forward and act
• Pick where you want to play
• Channel online enthusiasm into specific, targeted activities that further the campaign’s goals
• Integrate online advocacy into every element of the campaign‘
I think there’s much to learn here and lots of opportunities for success.”