From Karen at the Evergreen blog:
Understanding Open Source, Tues, March 17, 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. ET
Join us for a Webinar on March 17 about open source software! Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
This webinar will answer the most commonly-asked questions about open source software, such as…
* What does “free” mean?
* Why are libraries using open source software?
* What kind of open source software is available for libraries?
* Do we have to maintain it ourselves? (Quick spoiler: no.)
* What are the characteristics of good open source software?
* What are some easy ways to learn more about open source software?
Bring your own questions, as well!
This webinar offers flexible access options. You can:
1. Use a computer headset with a microphone to both listen and speak
2. Phone in to a toll-based conference line, or
3. Listen in on computer speakers and text your thoughts in a chat window.
The session will open up 15 minutes early for people who want to practice their webinar skills or test their equipment.
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
(Note: we have had trouble finding affordable webinar software that supported Linux workstations — let alone a satisfactory product that was itself open source. If you have suggestions, we’re all ears.)
Required: Windows 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista
Required: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or newer